Young Carers at Wilbraham Primary School
Are you a Young Carer?
A young Carer is someone under the age of 18 who helps look after someone in their family, or a friend who is ill, disabled or misuses drugs or alcohol.
This can be
- Looking after younger siblings alot and providing them with care
- Practical tasks: cooking, housework and shopping
- Personal Care: washing, dressing and helping with toileting needs
- Physical Care: lifting or helping someone use the stairs
- Emotional Support: listening, calming and being present
Young Carers Support Team at Wilbraham are
- Carrie Godwin - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead / Education Caseworker
- Ann- Marie Nelson - Deputy Designated Safaeguarding Lead / Education Caseworker
- Mrs Ikin - Inclusion Lead / SENCo / Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
If you have any ideas on how to support you, come along to Breakfast Club any weekday morning from 7:30am where Carrie and Ann-Marie will be available to speak to you or you can come to our office during break or lunchtimes. If you need to let us know about anything, there are post boxes on the wall in the Canteen, outside the assistant headteacer's office on the Key Stage 1 corridoor or Key Stage 2 corridoor, these will be checked regularly throughout the day, so be assured one of us will always come and find you to discuss anything that you need.
Please keep a look out on our Young Carers page where we aim to keep you up to date. Help us to help you.