Year 3 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 3!
There are 3 classes in Year 3; Class 3A, Class 3E and Class 3S. The teachers are Mrs Ahmed (Class 3A), Miss Ennis-Khan (Class 3E) and Ms Stapleton - 4 days. (Class 3S). Ms Hulston teaches 3S on Fridays. The teaching assistants who also work with us are Mrs Gibson and Miss Hollingsworth.
Autumn term 1 we are learning about:
- Maths: Different ways to make 100.
- English: Writing character descriptions and explanation texts.
- Reading: We are reading an adventure book and some books by Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) authors.
- Science: Investigating rocks and soil.
- Geography: Natural disasters around the world.
- RE: Christianity - What it's like to be a Christian in Britain today?
- PE: Delivered by Manchester City coaches with a focus on basic techniques and skills for games. Weekly gymnastics lessons.
- ICT: Basic computing skills.
- Forest School (on a rota basis). Developing a variety of outdoor skills.
Things to remember...
- PE lessons are on Monday and Wednesday. Children are expected to come to school on those days wearing their PE kits and suitable footwear.
- Children are permitted to bring in a named water bottle each day.
- Spellings will be sent home every Tuesday.
- Children are encouraged to take home reading books from the class library. Books are to be read for pleasure and children are responsible for choosing and returning their own books.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display