Year 3 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 3!
There are 2 classes in Year 3; Class 3J, and Class 3S. The teachers are Miss Johnson (Class 3J) and Ms Stapleton - 4 days (Class 3S). Ms Hulston teaches 3S on Fridays and alternate Wednesday afternoons. The teaching assistants who also work with us are Mrs Gibson and Miss Marina.
Miss Cooper will also be working with some children in year 3 on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday afternoons. Miss Cooper will be delivering some phonics lessons and additional reading support.
Autumn term 1 we are learning about:
- Maths: Learning about adding and subtracting across 10 and using numbers to 1000.
- English: Writing to Entertain and Writing to Inform. Children are learning that they are writing for different purposes. They will look at the features of a character description and then write their own based on a character that we have read about. Children will then progress onto learning about the features of an explanation text. Children will then write their own explanation text detailing how a volcano erupts.
- Reading: We will be reading an adventure story by the author Ted Hughes. Children will also have access to a wide variety of non-fiction books based around our Geography topic.
- D&T: Learning about levers and linkages. Children will then design, make and evaluate their own product. Children will create a moving picture.
- Geography: Children will be learning about Natural Disasters but with an emphasis on volcanoes. Children will learn how volcanoes were created,
- RE: What do different people believe about God (Christianity and Hinduism focus)
- PE: Outdoor Games: These sessions will be delivered by a coach from Manchester City Football Club. The lessons will focus on developing throwing and catching skills, small invasion games and teamwork and communication. In gymnastics, children will be devloping their skills in balancing, rolling, jumping and using weight on hands.
- ICT: For the first few weeks children will be learning how to use the different functions within Microsoft Word.
- PSHE/P4C: - The first core value of the PSHE curriuculm children will learn about is Relationships: How can we be a good friend?
Things to remember...
- PE lessons are on Monday and Wednesday. Children are expected to come to school on those days wearing their PE kits and suitable footwear. On Wednesday children will have PE outside and must therefore have appropriate footwear.
- Children are permitted to bring in a named water bottle each day.
- Spellings will be sent home every Tuesday.
- Children will be provided with a reading book that is appropriate to their reading/phonics ability. Children will require a reading bag to keep their book in. Reading bags must be brought to school every day. Children's reading books will be changed on a weekly basis.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display