Year 3 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 3!
There are 2 classes in Year 3; Class 3J, and Class 3S. The teachers are Miss Johnson (Class 3J) and Ms Stapleton - 4 days (Class 3S). Ms Hulston teaches 3S on Fridays and alternate Wednesday afternoons. The teaching assistants who also work with us are Mrs Pirwaysand Miss Marina.
Miss Morrison will also be working with some children in year 3 on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday afternoons. Miss Mossisonwill be delivering some phonics lessons and additional reading support.
Autumn term 2 we are learning about:
- Maths: Learning about angles and securing our addition and subtraction strategies
- English: Writing to Entertain and Writing to Inform. Children are learning that they are writing for different purposes. They will look at the features of a persuasive leaflet and then write their own.
- Reading: We will be reading
- RE: How and why people pray (Christianity and Hinduism focus)
- PE: Outdoor Games: Basketball. Developing our throwing and catching skills, teamwork and cooperation and invasion games.
- History: We will continue to look at changes from the Stone Age to Iron Age. Then children will move onto learning about the Ancient Civillisations with a focus on Ancient Egypt
- ICT: We will be learning about email and powerpoints.
- Design Technology: Textiles - Children will design and make a purse or wallet using different joining techniques.
- PSHE/P4C: - The next core value of the PSHE curriuculm children will learn about is Relationships and Families.
Things to remember...
- PE lessons are on Monday and Wednesday. Children are expected to come to school on those days wearing their PE kits and suitable footwear. On Wednesday children will have PE outside and must therefore have appropriate footwear.
- Children are permitted to bring in a named water bottle each day.
- Spellings will be sent home every Tuesday.
- Children will be provided with a reading book that is appropriate to their reading/phonics ability. Children will require a reading bag to keep their book in. Reading bags must be brought to school every day. Children's reading books will be changed on a Tuesday and Thursday.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 3: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display