Sensory Needs - Support and Ideas
NEW - why not click here for lots of sensory ideas for you and your child
This website has over 150 ideas to support your child's sensory needs - please click the link - 150 Sensory Ideas
Meeting Sensory needs - click here for strategies that could be tried at home
Sensory Activities to try at home - please click here
Free sensory planning with multisensory activities and messy play can be found https://www.empoweringlittleminds.co.uk/resources-1
Below is a list of ideas for water play for your child and also resources for you to have a go at making!
Grab a tub and fill it with water and have fun with these water activities
· Paint with water - Grab some real house paintbrushes and rollers and go to town painting
· Make garden soup -. the children pick their own flowers before getting started on the “soup”.
· Mix coloured water. This is a super simple activity - Set up just two colours, or add more for even more exploration.
· Get out the paddling pool out and add some balls.
· Wash the toys! - Grab some toys (dirty or not), add some soap, and get to washing. Great for indoors or out
· Float some boats. Make this quick boat craft and the kids can spend the afternoon taking their boats out to sea. https://handsonaswegrow.com/boat-craft-kids-juice-boxes/
· Pour, pour, pour. pouring station lets the little ones transfer and pour water to their hearts’ content. Add colour to the water, along with different containers, to make it even more inviting.
· Experiment with water. Add some toys to a tub of water and see which items sink and which float
· Add colourful ice to water Watch as the ice melts into the rest of the water, the colours mixing to create new colours.
Below is a range of recipes for making playdough at home and playdough mats!