Year 2 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 2!
There are 3 classes in Year 2: Class 2H, Class 2B and Class 2T. The teachers are Miss Hatton (Class 2H), Miss Browning (Class 2B) and Ms Tang (Class 2T). Ms Kauser covers in 2H weekly and Ms Randeniya teaches in 2T every Friday. Four teaching assistants also work with us: Miss Hoey, Ms Randeniya, Ms Ahmed and Ms Abdi.
Summer 1: Manchester
This half-term we are covering the following topics:
- Writing: Non-fiction (recount and letter) followed by narrative
- Reading:'The Queen's Hat' and 'The Queen's Handbag' by Steve Antony
- Maths: Addition and subtraction of two-digit numbers followed by fractions
- Science: Plants
- Geography: Comparing Manchester to Nairobi
- Art: Finishing our William Morris inspired printing
- PE: Gymnastics and outdoor games
- Music: Ourselves (vocal sounds)
- RE: How should we care for others and the world and why does it matter?
- ICT: Spreadsheets
- PSHE/P4C: What helps us grow and stay healthy?
Things to remember
- PE days for all of Year 2: Outdoor Games on Monday and Gymnastics on Tuesday. Please come to school in a PE kit and suitable shoes.
- Reading books: Changed every week on Monday. Please bring in book bags each day.
- Phonics packs: Bring in daily
- Please bring a reusable water bottle to have in class
All Year 2 children will be sitting national Reading and Maths assessment during May. This will take place in a familiar setting in school with a familiar adult- it is not intended to be a stressful situation for the children.
The video below gives more information about the SATS.
If you have any further questions or would like some practice materials to do at home please get in touch with the class teacher.
- Spellings sent home every Friday (the children will not be tested)
- Reading and Phonics books to be read daily
- Practise number fluency e.g. number bonds to 10 and 20, addition and subtraction within 10, counting in 2's, 5's and 10's.
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2: Gallery items
Manchester trip- 2T, by Ms Tang
Yummy fruit and vegetable snacks- 2T, by Ms Tang
Amazing animals- 2T!, by Ms Tang
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display