Year 2 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 2!
There are 2 classes in Year 2: Class 2B and Class 2T. The teachers are Miss Browning (Class 2B) and Ms Tang (Class 2T). Mrs Sarwar teaches in 2T each Friday. Three teaching assistants also work with us: Mr Carpenter, Ms Randeniya and Ms Abdi.
Summer 1: Animals and growth continued
This half-term we are continuining with Animals and growth. Once this is finished, we will be starting a new topic based around Manchester!
- Writing: Recounts and innovating a traditional tale
- Reading: Developing our reading and comprehension skills
- Maths: 3D shapes and then addition/subtraction of two-digit numbers
- Science: Animals including humans
- History: Changes within living memory- looking at holidays in the past
- D&T: Making a healthy snack
- PE: Gymnastics and outdoor games
- ICT: Spreadsheets
- PSHE/P4C: How do we stay safe?
Things to remember
- 2B PE Days: Tuesday and Wednesday (please come to school in a PE kit and suitable shoes)
- 2T PE Days: Tuesday and Wednesday (please come to school in a PE kit and suitable shoes)
- Reading books: Changed every Friday (please bring in book bags each day)
- Phonics packs: Bring in daily
- Please bring a reusable water bottle to have in class
- Spellings sent home every Friday
- Reading and Phonics books to be read daily
- Times tables practice- x2, x5 and x10 (don't forget the division facts too!)
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2: Blog items
Year 2: Gallery items
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display