Year 6 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 6!
There are 3 classes in Year 6; Class 6B, Class 6E and Class 6M. The teachers are Miss Beattie (6B), Mr Eccles (6E) and Mrs Morrison (6M). Supported by Miss Ringwood, Miss Westerman, Mrs Wright and Mr Hutchinson. The teaching assistants also working with us are; Miss Galyna, Miss Guinnane and Rex.
Autumn Term 1 we are learning:
- Writing - a diary and non-chronological report based on WW2.
- Reading - Goodnight Mr Tom as a class.
- Maths - focus on the four operations (addition/subtraction/division/multiplication) and problem solving.
- Science - investigate the human circulatory system and learn to work scientifically.
- History - WW2 and the impact it had on ordinary people of Europe.
- RE - Why do people believe that God exists?
- Computing - Internet Safety.
- Arabic - Basic greetings and numbers.
- PE - Skipping and Team Building activities.
- Art - Oil Pastel techniques.
- Music - Steel Pans.
- PSHE - Healthy Bodies.
- P4C- focusing on British Values.
Things to Remember
- Our PE Days are Monday and Friday. PE kit must be in school on these days.
- Please bring a re-usable water bottle to have in class.
- Timestables Rockstars
- My Maths
- Learn at least 2 new Arabic words each week.
- Reading at home
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display