Year 1 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 1!
There are 3 classes in Year 1; Class 1H, Class 1P and Class 1S. The teachers are Miss Hardy and Ms Hulston (Class 1H), Mrs Papatheodorou (Class 1P) and Mr Seddon and Ms Morrison (Class 1S). The Teaching assistants also working with us are Mrs Hoey, Miss Todd and Mrs Hussain.
Autumn term 1 we are learning about:
- Maths: reciting numbers to 20 forwards and backwards and then moving up to 100.
- Literacy: Sequencing pictures and writing sentences linked to our book Mouse House by John Birningham.
- Reading: daily Phonics sessions looking at sounds and reading our RWInc books.
- Science: naming and labeling parts of the human body.
- Geography: we are learning about the 4 countries that make up the United Kindgom.
- History: we are learning about Rosa Parks and Ruby Bridges within our Black History topic.
- RE: How should we care for other and the world, and why does it matter?
- Computing: Basic computing skills.
- PSHE: What is the same and what is different about us?
- PE: this term our PE sessions are Dance and Games.
- Art: exploring different ways to make marks with different materials.
Things to remember...
1H: Tuesday, Wednesday
1S: Tuesday, Wednesday
1P: Tuesday, Friday
- Children are expected to come to school on those days wearing their PE kits and suitable footwear.
- Children are permitted to bring in a named water bottle each day.
Please bring your book bag and phonics pack to school every day. Books will be changed on a Monday and Friday each week.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Monday every other week.
- Children are encouraged to read every night including their Phonics words and/or book.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display