Year 1 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 1!
There are 3 classes in Year 1; Class 1H, Class 1P and Class 1EK. The teachers are Miss Hardy, Ms Hulston and Miss Budd (Class 1H), Mrs Papatheodorou (Class 1P) and Ms Ennis-Khan (Class 1EK). The Teaching assistants also working with us are Mr Carpenter, Miss Todd, Mrs Hussain, Ms Rabia and Ms Kazi.
Autumn 1 we are learning about:
- Maths: subitising to 5, oral counting forwards and backwards, 1:1 counting
- Literacy: Spellings, Handwriting and retelling the story of Mouse House including caption writing and writing simple sentences.
- Reading: daily Phonics sessions looking at sounds and reading our RWInc books. DERIC
- RE: Who is a Muslim and what do they believe?
- Computing: Unit 1:1 Online safety, Unit 1.2 Grouping and sorting
- PSHE: What is the same and different about us?
- PE: Gym and Games
- Art: Drawing and Mark making
- Music: Singing, using chants a rhymes, Unit 1- Ourselves
- Science: Animals including humans- What are our five senses?
- Geography: The World
- History- Black history and Changes within living memory
Things to remember...
1H: Thursday and Friday
1P: Tuesday and Wednesday
1EK: TThursday and Friday
- Children are expected to come to school on those days wearing their PE kits and suitable footwear.
- Children are permitted to bring in a named water bottle each day.
Please bring your book bag to school every day for a chance to get chance cards and rewards in assembly. Books will be changed on a Monday and Friday each week.
- Children are encouraged to read every night. Each week, the children will receive a reading book, Phonics book and a story book. We will be changing their books on a Monday and Friday each week.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display