Year 1 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 1!
There are 3 classes in Year 1; Class 1H, Class 1P and Class 1S. The teachers are Miss Hardy and Mrs Kauser (Class 1H), Mrs Papatheodorou (Class 1P) and Mr Seddon (Class 1S). The Teaching assistants also working with us are Mr Carpenter, Miss Todd and Mrs Hussain.
Autumn 1 we are learning about:
- Maths: Counting within 10
- Literacy: Spellings, Handwriting and writing simple sentences linked to our text Mouse House
- Reading: daily Phonics sessions looking at sounds and reading our RWInc books.
- RE: Who is a Muslim and what to they believe?
- Computing: Basic skills. 1.1 Online Safety, 1.2 Grouping
- PSHE: What is the same and different about us?
- PE: Gym and Games
- Art: Painting and Drawing
- History: Changes withing living memory- How is life different for us than for our Grandparents?
- Music: Singing, using chants a rhymes
- Science: Materials
- Geography: The world- Which countries make up the UK?
Things to remember...
1H: Tuesday and Thursday
1S: Monday and Tuesday
1P: Tuesday and Thursday
- Children are expected to come to school on those days wearing their PE kits and suitable footwear.
- Children are permitted to bring in a named water bottle each day.
Please bring your book bag and phonics pack to school every day. Books will be changed on a Monday.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Monday every other week.
- Children are encouraged to read every night. Each week, the children will receive a reading book, Phonics book and a story book. We will be changing their books once a week.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display