Year 1 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 1!
There are 3 classes in Year 1; Class 1H, Class 1P and Class 1S. The teachers are Miss Hardy and Mrs Kauser (Class 1H), Mrs Papatheodorou (Class 1P) and Mr Seddon (Class 1S). The Teaching assistants also working with us are Mr Carpenter, Miss Todd and Mrs Hussain.
Spring 1 we are learning about:
- Maths: Partitioning 5, one more and one less, 2D and 3D shapes
- Literacy: Spellings, Handwriting and writing a simple narrative linked to traditional tales
- Reading: daily Phonics sessions looking at sounds and reading our RWInc books. DERIC
- RE: Islam and Christianity- What makes some palces sacred?
- Computing: Basic skills. Unit 1.4 Lego Builders
- PSHE: What helps us stay healthy?
- PE: Dance and Man City
- D&T: Free standing structures
- Geography: Seasonal and daily weather patterns in the UK and another country
- Music: Singing, using chants a rhymes, Unit 5 Machines
- Science: Seasonal changes within the UK
Things to remember...
1H: Wednesday and Thursday
1P: Wednesday and Thursday
1S: To be confirmed
- Children are expected to come to school on those days wearing their PE kits and suitable footwear.
- Children are permitted to bring in a named water bottle each day.
Please bring your book bag to school every day for a chance to get chance cards and rewards in assembly. Books will be changed on a Monday and Friday
- Children are encouraged to read every night. Each week, the children will receive a reading book, Phonics book and a story book. We will be changing their books on a Monday and Friday each week.
Files to Download
Year 1: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 1: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display