Home Learning 24.5.21
This week we will finish our balanced arguments.
Monday – Complete your hot write. Should zoos be banned?
Tuesday – Should children under 11 years of age be allowed their own mobile phones? Draft arguments for and against.
Wednesday – Cold write a balanced argument for: “ Should children under 11 years of age be allowed their own mobile phones?”
Thursday – Edit and mark your balanced argument.
Friday – Hot write, write your final version of your balanced argument.
Pick a book of your choice.
Monday – Look at the front cover. What can you see? What do you think this book is about? What genre do you think it is? What characters do you think are in this book?
Tuesday – Read the blurb.. What techniques has the author used to entice you to read on?
Wednesday – read the first 20 pages.
Thursday – What do you think will happen in the book? Finish the book.
Friday – Were you right? Write a book review.
This week’s spellings
This week is test week. Choose 10 spellings from this half term spelling list that you have found tricky.
1. Write the spellings down in your neatest handwriting. Write two lines for each word.
2. Use Google to research what each word means and write the definition for each word.
3. Practice spelling each word using copy, cover, write and check.
4. Get an adult to do a spelling test for you.
5. If you have got a spelling wrong, go back and practice again.
This week in maths we will be focusing on division.
Monday: MyMaths Lesson - Short division
Wednesday: MyMaths Lesson - Long and short division
PE – complete the Joe Wicks workout. Can you get better each day?
DT/Art - Complete some printing using vegetables.