If you are at home isolating, please see the document. You will be using the worksheets and links in the document provided. If you have any problems please email your child's class teacher. Please bear in mind that the teacher will be teaching, so will not be able to reply until after school.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday-Wednesday morning)
email@example.com (Wednesday afternoon-Friday)
If anyone is self-isolating, then please use this complete the work on this home learning grid. Feel free to email me whenever you need at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading: Read a range of narratives to prepare for your hot write.
Writing: The children in school are still using ‘The Viewer’ by Shaun Tan and Gary Crews, to learn about narrative writing. The Oak Academy has some fantastic lessons that also use this book. This week you will be looking at verbs and adverbs, prefixes and suffixes and learning about non-finite clauses.
Day 1: Generate verbs and adverbs to describe a setting
Day 2: Apply your knowledge of -ible and -able suffixes
Day 3: Learn about non-finite clauses
Day 4: Write the opening
Day 5: Infer meaning from images
1. Rewrite the following using standard English.
Today has been great! I done so many new things. We went on Safari and we done loads of sightseeing. My favourite bit was when we was on the jeep and we seen a pack of lions! One of them done a big yawn right at me!
Harry hasn't did his postcard, yet. He were doing them last night but he were tired so he fell asleep.
Loads of love,
2. Add commas to the sentence so that it makes sense. Think about all of the punctuation rules that we have learnt at school.
On an ominous humid evening a skinny dark haired boy who was completely alone shuffled slowly past piles of debris in a mysterious silent scrapyard.
3. Find the synonyms and antonyms and complete the table
word Synonym Antonym
Handwriting and spelling
This week’s spellings
excellent, existence, explanation, familiar, foreign
1. Write the spellings down in your neatest handwriting. Write two lines for each word.
2. Use Google to research what each word means and write the definition for each word.
3. Practice spelling each word using copy, cover, write and check.
4. Get an adult to do a spelling test for you.
5. If you got a spelling wrong, go back and practice again.
Geography: Research all about Mexico. Create a information page with the following information:
Population of Mexico, size, flag, languages spoken, different biomes, food produced, which continent Mexico is on, famous Mexican people, Mexican national holidays.
Design Technology: This half term we will design, make and evaluate small scale structures.
How to help your child at home.
You can help your child have a better understanding of our topic by: