Assistant Cook's vacancy
Salary: Grade 2, £18,198 – £18,562 full time, full year equivalent
Actual Salary: £10,870 - £11,087 per annum (£9.43 - £9.62 per hour)
Hours: 25 hours per week (9:00am to 2:00pm), term-time only,
38 weeks per year plus 3 cleaning days.
The Local Governors and Board of Directors of Wilbraham Primary School are seeking to appoint a part time Assistant Cook to join our school catering team. We are looking for a hardworking and friendly person to join our efficient team.
You will support the Catering Supervisor and be prepared to act up into that role in the event of their absence. You will have excellent customer care and communication skills and IT, literacy and numeracy skills to support the running of the school kitchen.
The main duties will include:
- Preparation, delivery and service of high-quality meals to our children and staff.
- Moving furniture
- General cleaning duties
- Washing up
- Any other duties required to assist our Catering Supervisor and support the kitchen team.
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and it’s requirements.
In return, we can offer:
- a welcoming, friendly environment.
- a caring, respectful and inclusive school that values everyone.
- a committed and dedicated team of staff and a supportive Local Academy Committee and Board of Trustees.
- the opportunity to work with motivated, inquisitive and caring children who have a positive attitude to learning.
- support from a dedicated team of professionals at trust level.
- a firm commitment to your on-going professional development.
- the opportunity for future career progression within the trust.
Employees of Wilbraham Primary School have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. This appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Informal enquiries can be directed to our School Business Manager, Janet Buckley, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0161 224 3900
To apply for this post, please download the application form and supporting documents and return your completed form to the school address or by email. Aspire Educational Trust application forms should be fully completed and legible. CV’s will not be accepted in place of completed forms.
All applications should be returned by 12:00pm, Friday 29th October 2021 to:
Janet Buckley, School Business Manager Wilbraham Primary School, Platt Lane, Fallowfield, Manchester, M14 7FB
Telephone: 0161 224 3900 Email: email@example.com
Shortlisting: Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews: Thursday 4th November 2021